Introduction:

"This blog is not necessarily for lovers of art, it includes a variety of topics and whatever. I'm a painter who likes to know what's really going on in the world today. So you might find anything from Shamrocks to Salmiakki mentioned here on my blog. There will of course be some boring, factual and informational posts, but I'll keep them to a minimum, I promise!

And I might get a bit nostalgic now and then.

So you have been warned!"


- Alan Hogan



Friday, January 7, 2011

Songs for the Snow




With the early arrival of snow to Finland last November, I've had the ongoing job of clearing snow at my humble residence. Constant shovelling has proved to be good exercise for me and my Finnish snow experience came in handy this Christmas when I visited my parents home in Ireland. I was a very surprised with the amount of snow that fell over there this Christmas. It wasn't easy to help with the clearup given the lack of proper snow shovels, but you make do with what you have.
And while the snow quickly melted away in Ireland I could then only think of spring, sunshine and good times ahead.


Unfortunately I'll have to wait a bit longer for spring to reach Finland as I was greeted with a snow storm on my return to Helsinki airport. Time to get the snow shovels out again!


To make the shovelling go a little easier I find it helps to listen to some tunes on my mp3 player. 
Here's my Top 5 Snow shovelling songs at the moment. Maybe you might know another, please add it in the comment box below!

No.1
Guru Josh - Infinity
........because there's no sign of the snow ever ending!  :(





No.2
John Lennon - Clean-up Time
.....because it has to be done!






No. 3
Death in Vegas - Aisha
.... great tune for building some rhythm to your shovelling.




No. 4
Snow Patrol - Take Back the City
.... and hope to overcome the elements.






No. 5 
The Seven Dwarfs - Hi! Ho!
..... simply to get outside the door to the freezing cold. Get past this step and the jobs half-done!





Happy Shovelling!!



Thanks for reading my blog and feel free to share it with your friends.

-Alan

You are welcome to visit my art page on Facebook by clicking the 'Like' button here.


Please leave your reaction to this blogpost by ticking one of the boxes below.

No comments:

The Art Garage, Finland

The Art Garage, Finland
Click this banner to visit my website!